The vegetables of our organic baskets are almost exclusively grown on our farm and are available according to the growing season, which depends on Mother Nature’s magnanimity. We cultivate over 50 vegetables and about 150 different varieties. Our main objective is to provide our clients with the best quality, freshness and a good range diversity of products. At different moments of the season, we will include to our baskets some certified organic fruits and vegetables grown by other local farms. In such a case, our members will always be informed from where these products are coming from.
Distribution of our baskets is made on a flexible mini-market model that allows you to make many different choices. You can also get a hold of your favourite vegetables on top of your basket, when available, by getting a veggie-credit (see how it works on the page organic baskets – the way it works).
To help you make a choice, here are some examples of the 2016 season basket content.
Additional vegetables composing the Large size basket are identified in parenthesis.
(End of May/beginning of June)*
- 1 Bok Choi
- 1 cherry tomato container or big tomatoes
- 4 greenhouse cucumbers
- 1 eggplant ou kale ou green onions
- 1 big bag of arugula and/or mesclun salad mix and/or spinach
- 3/4 lb of asparagus (grown in St-André-Avellin, at the Ferme aux pleines saveurs, certified organic)
- 1 bag of sunflower sprouts or basil ou Swiss chard
*This basket is part of the extended season that offers 5 additional baskets..
- 1 or 2 (Large size) items of your choice : mesclun salad mix or arugula or greenhouse beans
- 2 or 3 (Large size) items of your choice between: garlic flowers, kale, Swiss chard, parsley, cilantro, basil, fennel, kohlrabi, radishes
- 1 carrot bunch or beets
- 1 item of your choice between: turnips, italian eggplant or fresh garlic
- 5 or 6 (Large size) cucumbers and/or zucchinis
- 1 oriental eggplant or lettuce
- 700g or 1,4kg (Large size) or tomatoes
- 1 or 2 (Large size) items of your choice between : sweet peas, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, ground cherries or brocoli
- 2kg or 4kg (Large size) of mixed vegetebles of your choice between : potatoes, carrots, onions and beets
- 2 or 3 (Large size) items of your choice between : garlic, eggplant, Swiss chard, Chinese cabagge, cilandro, pumkin, fennel, kale, green onions and parsley
- 3 corn on the cob
- 1 or 2 (Large size) items of your choice between : bell peppers, greenhouse beans and Brussels sprouts
- 140g of mesclun salad mix and/or arugula
- 1 or 2 (Large size) items of your choice between : cauliflower, 3 cucumbers, cantaloupe melon and cherry tomatoes
- 500g of tomatoes
Fall basket #2
- 3 containers (3,9 kg) to fill with loose vegetable of your choice between : potatoes, onions, carrots, rutabaga (turnip), beets and Daïkon radish
- 2 containers (2,6 kg) to fill with loose vegetable of your choice between: parsnip, sweet potatoes, celeriac, Jerusalem artichokes and apples from Verger bio d’Oka
- 1 item of your choice between : Chinese cabbage, celeriac, Delicata squash, kale and parsley
- Cabbage or garlic
- 1 item of your choice between : tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and greenhouse beans
- 1 squash of your choice (sweet dumpling, spaghetti, acorn)
- 150g of mesclun salad mix
*This basket is part of the extended season that offers 5 additional baskets.